Vehicle tracking systems are a great way to keep track of a single vehicle or an entire fleet of commercial vehicles. This can be for any number of reasons from safety to productivity. One never knows when vehicle tracking systems will come in handy for something above the intended use.
1. Vehicle tracking can pinpoint the location of a stolen vehicle.
2. Vehicle tracking has the subtle benefit of keeping employees on the right track.
3. A good vehicle tracking system allows communication between the vehicles and their owner. Instead of purchasing cell phones for an entire workforce, it is possible to relay information via the tracking system.
4. Viewing trends in routes will show where fuel costs can be cut and whether employees are contributing to those costs.
5. If there is an emergency call, the vehicle closest to that location will be evident without having to coordinate with all of the vehicles in that area.
6. A good system will show when a vehicle is left running.
7. Tracking systems can show all stops, showing when unscheduled stops are made.
8. They can be set to show who is in which vehicle and when.
9. Being away from the tracking system is no problem with smart phone updates.
10. Vehicles are shown on a detailed map so mapping routes for vehicles on the go is simple.
11. It is possible to track vehicle speed.
12. A driver experiencing an emergency can be located easily.
13. When a driver is speeding, the system will send an alert.
14. Systems can be controlled from just about any PC.
15. Tracking systems allow for accurate ETAs if a driver is running late and a client is concerned.
16. If there is an accident, it is possible to ascertain whether a driver’s speed was the cause.
17. Employees that are the least productive will become obvious.
18. A person with access to the maps can redirect drivers who are stuck in traffic.
19. Clients will feel secure when companies tell them that whatever services or goods they are purchasing are protected with vehicle tracking.
20. Employees will be able to work smarter, not harder, so it benefits all.