Vehicle tracking has come quite a long way since the old days of having drivers call in whenever they made stops. Various vehicle tracking technology has seen a number of advances and improvements that bring about higher standards of excellence, to make improving your fleet’s efficiency easy.
Although there are definitely a lot of great fleet tracking extras that lead to operational improvements, some are more popular than others. Here are Fleetsmart’s five essentials that truly make a difference.
- Map Integration – Normally, GPS fleet tracking lets you pinpoint each vehicle in your fleet with extreme precision. The best tracking systems also allow you to plot this data on a regular digital road map. This means you can easily find your drivers wherever they are, whenever you want.
- Mobile Reports – Vehicle tracking software that makes checking in, inconvenient, is not a lot of help. If you had to follow all your vehicles around everywhere then you wouldn’t need a tracking system. Mobile reporting gives you the ability to check in on your fleet at any time, from your device. This applies for both android and iPhone apps.
- Engine Status – One of the most popular features of modern tracking systems is their inclusion of the engine start and stop record. This ordered information logs the exact time when your vehicles were turned on and off. This feature makes it much easier to see exactly how your drivers are using your vehicles.
- Daily Travel Usage – It’s important to not only know where your fleet is, but also how it got there. Travel usage reports allow you to view daily records of your GPS fleet tracking data so that you can analyse the paths your drivers took. With this information, you can learn to avoid highly congested routes.
- Driver Analysis Reporting – A favourite feature among fleet managers is driver analysis, which lets you pull up numerous driver statistics instantly. You can see how long trips look, how much time drivers spent idle, and how fast they went. Driver analysis reporting makes it easy to compare your employees side-by-side.
These are amongst the many advances fleet tracking has seen over the years. All of which will help your business to run more efficiently and economically.